Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I enter my salary information into the accounting module of MProfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I enter my salary information into the accounting module of MProfit?

Suppose you work for Honda Motors:

Gross salary is Rs. 10,500
    Tax Deduction at Source is Rs. 300
    Professional Tax is Rs. 300
    So, the net salary paid to you is Rs. 9,900

1. In the accounts section you will first have to create the various ledgers:
    Honda Motors under the Sundry Debtors group
    Salary Income under the Income group
    Tax Deduction at Source under the Expenses group
    Professional Tax under the Expenses group
    [​IMG]

2.Click on Journal to create a journal voucher on the last day of the month and enter the details as below:
    [​IMG]

3. Now your balance sheet will look like the following:[​IMG]

4. When you receive the Rs. 9,900 in your bank account then create a Receipt voucher from your employer into your Kotak Bank account:
    [​IMG]

5. Now your balance sheet will finally look like the following:[​IMG]

Hi, Can you update the above example to also show the treatment of EPF (Employee Provident Fund) deduction from salary and credit of that top the EPF ledger in PMS.
    The problem is when i try to assign the EPF entry to the Salary Income ledger, it says cannot assign to Income or Expense ledger
    Thanks
    Last edited by jinu_j; 03-04-20, 10:56 AM. Reason: Added Error Message

Comment

• Sovan
      Sovan commented
      Editing a comment
      Same problem

• dkrish24
      dkrish24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tanmay Keni, instead of a one-on-one call, if you can share screenshots like you did above, it would be helpful

Dear Jinu_J,

Our support person will call and assist you today.
    MProfit Support

Comment

Hi Tanmay,

I have the same issue too. Can you share the Screenshots to do the EPF entries correctly so that it reflects in accounting as well as PMS modules please?

In addition, there is also a deduction in paycheck for ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan). After a certain number of deductions shares of the company are purchased. This should also be transferred to PMS module under Shares (if Indian market) or Private Equity (if shares are trading in a foreign country for MNC).

Regards,
      Janakiraman.

Comment

Dear Janakiraman M,

EPF has to be entered in the same way you enter PPF in PMS module.

And then assign the unassigned ledger to salary income as it is not debited from any bank.

You can enter Employee Stock Purchase Plan under Private Equity.
        MProfit Support

Comment

• Janakiraman M
          Janakiraman M commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tanmay ! If I understood you right, I should enter this manually into PMS as EPF entry and then assign the Salary income ledger as the unassigned ledger. I tried the approach you had suggested. When I chose the "Salary Income" ledger to assign the unassigned ledger, I got an error - "Error in Assignment! Please note that Income or Expense Ledger cannot be selected". So, I am unable to assign this.

Regarding ESPP, I can enter it as Private Equity. But how do I tie the deductions from my paystub for ESPP with the Private Equity entry?

It would help a lot if you share screen shots for EPF and ESPP as part of entering salary information expanding the above example.

Regards,
          Janakiraman.

• Tanmay Keni
          Tanmay Keni commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Janakiraman M,

Please assign your EPF to your company name and then Pass JV to move it to salary income.

Regarding ESPP, you can create one manual ledger as 'ESPP'.

Then when you add private equity, Assign it to ESPP ledger and then end of the year, you can square of ESPP balance by passing it to capital gains.

Dear Tanmay,

Thanks! I was able to setup EPF for the most part as you described. There is 1 additional entry that needs to be factored in for EPF - which is Employer EPF contributions.

This is not included in Salary but will have a PMS entry for EPF when we import from the EPF Passbook.
        Since this is assigned to company name, there will be an additional entry under company name.

Since this has no salary component, it will show a positive balance under company name.

Which ledger should I pass the JV to record the Employer contributions from the company name ledger? Can you also indicate which ledger group this ledger will be under please?

Thanks,
        Janakiraman.

Comment

• Tanmay Keni
          Tanmay Keni commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Janakiraman M,

If this is directly contributed from your salary account and not debited from your bank account, you can try assigning it to 'Capital Account'.

You can check the same with some accounting professional or your CA.

Thanks Tanmay ! I will use Capital Account and check with an accounting professional.

Comment

Working...
        X