Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I manage my F&O portfolio and corresponding Accounting in MProfit ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I manage my F&O portfolio and corresponding Accounting in MProfit ?

There are two ways to manage F&O transactions in MProfit.

1. To track the open positions of all F&O instruments and realised/unrealised P/L in MProfit
    2. To match only M2M P/L in MProfit Accounts with the ledger provided by your broker.

Depending on your choice, you need to follow the below process to manage F&O transactions in MProfit. Below is an example to explain the process.

Let's suppose you are dealing with Motilal Oswal as your broker. We will create two portfolios for one entity as explained below.

Portfolio 1: To track the open positions of all F&O instruments and realised/unrealised P/L in MProfit

a) We have created one portfolio by the name of Mr.Mehta, as you can see the same in below image.

b) In this portfolio we will import Daily Contract Notes using "Motilal Oswal - F&O - PDF (v3)" Template.

MProfit will import your F&O trades for the day and this will show your open positions and actual P/L. Do not link this portfolio to Accounts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1final.PNG Views:	30 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	890

Portfolio 2: To match only M2M P/L in MProfit Accounts with the ledger provided by your broker

We have created a second portfolio by the name of Mr.Mehta M2M, as you can see in the image below.

a) Import contract notes weekly or monthly using M2M template "Motilal Oswal - F&O - M2M - PDF (v3)". This can be done daily as well

b) MProfit will import all transactions including BF (Brought Forward) and CF (Carry Forward) entries. This will create mark-to-market entries that can be posted in your MProfit Accounts module.

c) You need to link this portfolio, Mr.Mehta M2M to your MProfit Accounts module so that you can match the broker ledger with your ledger in MProfit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	M2M.PNG Views:	17 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	891

3. You can see M2M effect in the broker ledger as shown in the below image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ledger.PNG Views:	18 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	892

Last edited by Shweta Rathod; 23-11-18, 11:15 AM.
Working...
X