Incorrect capital gains calculation for Gold ETF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect capital gains calculation for Gold ETF

I imported my Reliance Gold ETF (GOLDBEES) transaction details in the latest version of mProfit.

As per the tax rules gold ETF is eligible for indexation benefit if held for >3 years.
    But mprofit calculates long term gains without considering indexation.

Please clarify.

Dear mrs65.

You need to enter Gold ETFs under Debt MF category and then generate the capital gain report and customize it for 'with indexation'.

If you need any help please send us your contact details to [email protected] OR contact us 022 - 40024149 to speak to our support team.

MProfit Support

Comment

Originally posted by Tanmay Keni View Post
      Dear mrs65.

You need to enter Gold ETFs under Debt MF category and then generate the capital gain report and customize it for 'with indexation'.

If you need any help please send us your contact details to [email protected] OR contact us 022 - 40024149 to speak to our support team.
      hey,

Thank you so much for sharing this helpful information, it helped me alot.

Regards.
      Last edited by Tanmay Keni; 29-11-19, 01:28 PM.

Comment

How ETF details can be imported from contract notes into MF? During import of contract notes the assets goes into stocks and no choice of asset class is given.
        With bharat bond ETFs too this problem will arise.

Comment

Dear Zomby,

All the transactions from Equity contract notes gets imported under equity section only. It can not be imported under MF section. We don't support it.

You need to make a manual entry if you want to show some ETFs under MF section.

Also to get MF transactions into MProfit we recommend to get Consolidated Account Statement (CAS) from camsonline. You can see more details here: https://forum.mprofit.in/forum/impor...cas-in-mprofit

MProfit Support

Comment

I tried adding debt ETF bharat bond manually under MF. It cannot be done because only FoF based on ETF are listed under MF. Not ETF even gold ones will show up in MF.
            You should have separate section for ETFs

Comment

Dear Zomby,

All the Bharat Bond ETFs are available under Mutual fund as well as Stocks category. Please make sure "All funds" filter is selected while searching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bharat bond etf 1.png
Views:	48
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1638
              MProfit Support

Comment

Working...
              X