Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import my mutual fund Consolidated Account Statement (CAS) in MProfit?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I import my mutual fund Consolidated Account Statement (CAS) in MProfit?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAMS logo.png Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	1416

CAMS provides you with a consolidated account statement (CAS) for your entire family’s mutual fund holdings across all schemes including the ones managed by CAMS, Karvy and Franklin Templeton.

Below are the steps to import your CAS to MProfit:

1. Go to https://www.camsonline.com/, select the Accept check-box and then click the Proceed button

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	1596

2. On the CAMSOnline homepage, click CAS - CAMS+KFintech+FTAMIL under the Statements tab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAMS screenshot 1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	1597

3. On the next page, enter all required details, as shown in the screenshot below. Then click the Submit button

Click image for larger version  Name:	CAMS screenshot 2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	1598

4. Your request for CAS is now successfuly placed with CAMSOnline, and you will receive your CAS in your registered email inbox within a few hours.

5. Now go to the MProfit application and click Import on the top-left. Search for the "Consolidated Account Statement - PDF" template and add it to your Favourites. Select the template in your Favourites and import your CAS file.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	1414

6. Next, you will be prompted to enter your password. Use the password you have set while requesting your CAS file (this is a one-time step only).

7. On the next screen, map the PAN or Folio Numbers in your CAS file with the respective portfolios in the MProfit application (note that this is a one-time mapping only).

Next, click on Continue with import.

Click image for larger version  Name:	importfinal.png Views:	0 Size:	97.8 KB ID:	1417

8. You can review all your transactions in the Import preview window. Once this is done, click on the Import button.

Click image for larger version  Name:	import preview.PNG Views:	1 Size:	294.7 KB ID:	1415

8. Below is an image of a sample file for Consolidated Account Statement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sample.PNG Views:	0 Size:	194.7 KB ID:	1418
    Last edited by Shweta Rathod; 02-07-20, 01:23 PM.

Have you tested your templates to read merger information from CAS?
    I have tried importing CAS with merger information due to reclassification and the it does not read it.

Comment

Dear Zomby,

If it is merger, then you need to enter it manually in MProfit. If it is name change, it will be automatically updated within 4-6 weeks as name change updating is in process.
      MProfit Support

Comment

I tried again last week and this time merger information is read as buy and sell. That has implication since it will also result in capital gain or loss ( I generated capital gains statement and it shows up in those reports).
        I wonder how difficult it is to implement the auto read from CAS?
        Other thing is when I manually enter merger, the purchase NAV is automatically calculated for new scheme, but that was not the actual NAV on the date of merger. It looks like the average purchase price was calculated/displayed based on old scheme. I wonder if there would be tax implications due to this.
        Would manually entering merger preserve the purchase information dates so as not to lose long term capital gain/loss when the merged scheme is sold?

Comment

Dear Zomby,

Corporate action cannot be automated during import process. This needs to be entered manually.

With regards to merger, where old scheme is merged into new scheme based on some ratio announced by the fund house. For investors, the only thing needs to be looked at is the new quantity received for new schemes and once you perform the manual merger entry, there is no tax implication as merger transaction does not involve any capital gains. The purchase price of the new scheme is auto-adjusted based on the merger ratio.

Actual NAV on the date of the merger is not important from investors point of view, it will be only used to give you new additional unit and that is important from AMC point of view.

Hope this clarifies your queries.
          MProfit Support

Comment

Thank you for the clarification about merger entry.
            I don't agree with your views on corporate action (CA) automation.
            The said corporate action in MF is different from stocks. MF CA show up in CAS statement with all the required information which in this case is name of new scheme and number of units. Stocks CA don't show up in contract notes.
            CAMS CAS clearly has entry as Merger instead of Purchase/Redemption along with name and units which is all required for automation or atleast it should show in popup for manual confirmation.
            If not enabled, at least it should not be imported as Buy/Sell which is clearly wrong because of tax implications.

Comment

Dear Zomby,

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward this to our technical team.

Comment

Tried importing MF folios but can't import any funds of Axis or UTI. It's there in the statement but not reflected in the portfolio.

Comment

Dear rsinfo,

Please email your contact no and statement to [email protected] so that we can assist you better.

Comment

While importing mutual funds (CAS) , opening balances should be entered manually or Mprofit takes all those from the CAS statement?

Comment

Dear drsuhask,

You can request MF CAS since inception (1989) and import into MProfit so all opening balances will be imported. If you request it for certain period and if you are holding some balances prior to that period then you need to enter it manually. Hence we recommend to get CAS since inception to avoid entering opening balances.
                      MProfit Support

Comment

I am trying to import my CAS Statement from emailed from CAMS and I am getting date errors for illegal dates

Illegal Date Detected: 11/14/2019
                        Illegal Date Detected: 11/20/2019
                        Illegal Date Detected: 11/21/2019
                        Illegal Date Detected: 11/27/2019

The above dates are valid as they are from November 2019.
                        Please help in resolving the CAS Date issues ASAP.

I have already emailed the issue to Support as well.

Comment

Dear Ragionline,

Recently, CAMS has unexpectedly changed the format for CAS sent in mail-back request, because of which your file is not getting imported.

It seems like CAMS has changed the Date Format to American date with a default timestamp (MM/DD/YYY 00:00:00). Earlier CAMS would provide the file in Indian Date format without the timestamp (DD/MM/YYYY).

Another issue with this statement is that the time stamp overlaps with transaction types, which is why your statement might not get imported properly with the current CAS template in MProfit.

Our team is working to provide a solution. Could you please send us the file that is not being imported, for testing purposes?

We appreciate your patience in this matter. Once the solution is provided we will inform you via email.
                          MProfit Support

Comment

Hello,

Any update on this matter.

Thank you,

Comment

Dear Rajat Agarwal,

We have provided a solution for this issue. From now on, you will again be able to import your CAS statement to MProfit properly.

To do so, kindly follow the two steps below:

Step 1:

Please take the new MProfit software update (build number 1019.027)

To do so, click Help > Check for Updates > Check for Software Updates

Step 2:

After updating to the new version of MProfit, open the MProfit application.

Now click Import, right click the name of the template under the Favourites list ("Consolidated Account Statement - PDF") and then click Update the selected template in the subsequent dropdown.

You will now have the updated version of the template (v8.13).

You can now import your CAS statement. Do let us know if everything is working fine.

Comment

• Paresh Ghodgue
                                Paresh Ghodgue commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I have been having the same issue while importing CAMS data using "Consolidated Account Statement - PDF" template.

I have updated the software to build number 1019.027. However, when I try to perform Step 2 mentioned above, the dialog says "Template: File is upto date". The version remains 8.12 and it doesn't work.

Can you please share the updated template? Or fix the update feature such that the latest template is picked up?

• Jonny Yadav
                                Jonny Yadav commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Dear Paresh Ghodgue,

CAMS has again changed the date format to Indian format and we have updated the template to resolve this. Please request the statement again and import your CAS statement.

Do let us know if everything is working fine.
                            Working...
                            X